Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Heart-Felt

 


Today is Veterans Day.

...and for my neighbor who served as a Marine in WWII and who will not to this day speak of the war,

and the service man or woman who, upon discharge, jumps headlong into political action...fomenting for change

...and for every soldier in between

I want to say THANK YOU!!

You travel to foreign lands, you risk pain, injury...and death for us every day.

You toil in what to most of us would be unbearable circumstances.

...and then you come home to a family and a country which seems to have 'moved on' while you were away

...and you have to scramble to figure out how to fit back into a space which is no longer 'you-shaped'

...because you are so changed.

Of course Mr. Fred Rogers says it best:

"We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility.

It's easy to say "It's not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem."

Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes."

Thank-you heroes!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: