Friday, November 6, 2009

Fall Scarves

 

 

 

 


I bought a ton of crazy 'Tony the Tiger' blended roving that has orange and white and black through it...and I had been wanting to use it.

...also, it was getting to be Fall, and I wanted to make some scarves in colors that would reflect the season.

Fearing what happened to me in the 'glorious roving turned dark and understated scarf', however, I added some bits of bright orange and yellow to give 'Mr. Tony' some extra 'light'.

I also popped in some pieces of Coats and Clarks "Speed-Cro-Sheen" Mercerized Cotton (a number 3 crochet cotton) in yellow. (It has a great retro label and was another thrifted find; it has to be nearly as old as I am!!)

For the other scarf, I started with a white Habotai silk scarf (rolled hems already completed by the manufacturer, thank-you-very-much!) and added tan and dark brown (nearly black) blobs of fiber.

I sandwiched in some squares of printed sari silk in bright blue by placing
small amounts of fiber over them so that they would 'felt in'.

I also put lots of wiggly fringes on this one...which make me happy.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: