Monday, April 19, 2010

'Sandwich' Table Runner-Part One

 

 

 

 



I've been fiddling around with synthetic fabrics lately...

...trying to figure out when they work in felting and when they don't.

When I found this soft and lovely, pale chartreuse lace...

...I wanted to see whether it would work for a nuno felt piece.

First, I laid out the fabric...

...then placed little mounds of different chopped up bits of fibers on it.

I hacked up pieces of silk scarves, leftover silk selvage strips from my dye pots and various hairy and fringy yarns...

...piling them in different color sections in a checkerboard-ish design.

I applied green wool around the perimeter of the runner...

...and topped it all with a layer of white wool.

At this point, I was crossing my fingers, hoping that it would felt together...

...and not end up as one giant bag of fabric confetti!

More next time...

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Leedra said...

You left us in suspense here....guess that will bring us back.

Heather Woollove said...

Hahaha, Leedra--
You figured out my 'dastardly plot'! (Insert Snidely Whiplash-like moustache twirling here.)

Unknown said...

nice..your site is great and focused! your nice!