Sunday, April 25, 2010

Octuplets-More Process Pictures

 

 

 

 


Since I wanted these items all to be a bit different...

...to better reflect the various decorating styles and color preferences of their recipients...

...I used different fibers and add-ons for each one.

I laid out the design, first, on my resist...

...wool yarn for some, sari silk fibers and cut-up pre-felt for others.

Then covered the designs with several layers of wool...

...and felted them as usual, until they held together and passed the 'pinch test'.

I cut flaps into the center of one side with sharp scissors...

...and pulled out the resist, then continued the felting process.

When they were pretty well felted on one side...

...I turned them 'right-side out' and finished the other.

Once rinsed and spun dry in my salad spinner...

...I placed a small teacup saucer in the bottom of each felt ball...

...and inflated a Gertie ball in order to shape it.

More photos presently...

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Clasheen said...

Love the idea of using your salad spinner!