Monday, April 12, 2010

Project X-Part Two

 

 

 

 


I've called this Project X because I'm still on the fence about this piece of felt...

...I'm still not sure "what it wants to be". Giggle.

I'm thinking about designing a pattern...

...cutting it up, and sewing some sort of pod-shaped bag with it.

I really loved the way this silk gauze felted into the wool...

...the silk was so sheer...

...it wasn't an ordeal to get the wool fibers to migrate through it.

(I must keep this in mind for future nuno projects~!)

I think the 'blobs' of merino look almost like leaf marks...

...and look at the great, bubbly texture of the silk laps in the last photo!

It's very soft, but is too small for a shawl...

...I'll figure something out, though! Grin.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Clasheen said...

This is just STUNNING Heather! I know that you did cut it up to make your gorgeous bag butthis has to be my favourite photo! Can't wait 'till October!!! XXX

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Nicola! Isn't it funny how starting without a plan in mind sometimes results in the most wonderful results?
...I know...I'm counting down the days, too!! XXO