Saturday, April 3, 2010

Modernist Pillow

 

 

 

 


First of all...

...Happy Easter!!

I hope there will be some earless chocolate rabbits...

...attributable to your self-indulgence! :)
********************************************************
I'm still fiddling around with pre-felts...

...and continuing what I'll call 'reverse design' felting.

I started with the outside in...

...placing my design directly onto the resist.

I covered it with my chosen wool batts...

...and felted it as usual.

When it passed the 'pinch test', I cut a slit in the back of the pillow...

...removed the resist, and continued felting it until it was done.

After rinsing and drying and turning it 'right side out'...

...I stuffed it with small pieces of fulled sweaters, carder 'fuzz' and the like.

Since I only made a small slit...

...stitching it closed was easy.

I like this method...

...because it really makes a fully integrated final product...

...and a very smooth piece of felt.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kim van Waardenburg said...

well done Dear Heather!!
Happy easter to you too!

Sigita J. D. / Sija said...

Nice pillow :) true modernism :)

Dag said...

gorgeous - colors and all!!