Friday, October 25, 2013

My Trip to Rome- Part 2 of 4

During my travels

...I saw quite a few peculiar things!

 
In the Vatican museum...

...there were statues bearing rather horrified expressions...



...beards which resembled fingers...



...and loads of animals!

 
I imagined that this snake statue was hissing...

..."Don't tread on me with those cool sssssshoes!" :)

 
During one of our extensive walks...

...I was thrilled to discover this iconic statue...

...(a representation of Romulus and Remus...

...suckling a she-wolf!).



It probably won't surprise you to discover...

 
...that I made special notice of any and all 'sheep art'...

 
 ...and I was delighted to find quite a number of pieces along the way! :)

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Rachel said...

There is endless fascination available in the museums, and even the streets, isn't there!

Unknown said...

Lovely art work! Thanks for sharing.

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--So true! :)
Sandie--You're very welcome!

Unknown said...

Piękna architektura.

Heather Woollove said...

Karolina-It was spectacular!

FeltersJourney said...

Oh Heather you made me laugh with your imagining of what the snake was saying! It fits so perfectly :)
xx

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah--I'm glad you liked that! I was definitely feeling a 'Slytherin' vibe with that stylish statue!! :)