Monday, October 21, 2013

A Plethora of Peculiar Projects- Part 10 (AKA Frankenstein Fleece)

More close-up photos of the finished rug...

 
...with its various staple lengths and mixed coloration.

 
The 'boingy bits' of a raw fleece rug are always my favorite parts...

 
...and this one had a lot of them! :)

 
It's a very thick and luxurious rug to walk on...

 
...and, oddly enough, quite the softest one I've ever made.

 
The finished rug...

 
...shown here with its 'suture material'...

...variegated green wool yarn! :)

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Gorgeous! I can just imagine how soft it is underfoot.

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel-It's silky smooth! :)

Unknown said...

That should be super to step out on, when you first wake up, during the very cold Winter mornings. :)

I love the coloring in this rug too.

Heather Woollove said...

Sandie--I really love the golden bits! I wonder what this sheep looked like?!? :)

FeltersJourney said...

Love it Heather! Loads of character and it looks soooo cosy :)
xx

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Deborah! I certainly despaired mid-project, but I'm happy that I persisted.