Monday, August 20, 2012

Sleeveless Nuno 'Dryer Felt' Jacket- Part 4 of 5

Covering the silk with a layer of red wool roving...



...in the irregular shape of the silk. 
 
Adding a thin layer of white roving...

...perpendicular to the first.



The finished ancillary felt piece. 
 
Drafting a rudimentary jacket pattern on my 'daughter mannequin'...

...using an old, flannel sheet.



Making a 'kick pleat' from the ancillary piece of felt.
 
The finished jacket (front)...

 
...and back.

 
I had the rather ambitious notion...

...of turning my dryer felt shawl into a jacket for my daughter.

Now, as most of you know...

...I'm not much of a garment-maker! :(

Using her as a living dress form, though...

...I think we did a fair job on a very simple silhouette.

Next time: my beautiful daughter models her sleeveless jacket...

...and I think you'll agree that it looks much better on her, than it does on the floor!! :)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Terriea Kwong said...

Amazing to see how you turned it to a pretty jacket. Did you mean you make another piece of nuno felt the same size as Portugal made then sewed it together for "in & out"? It looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

It's much easier when you can use another piece of fabric to test out your ideas, isn't it!

Heather Woollove said...

Terriea--The extra nuno piece that I made is quite small...not nearly as large as the Portugal piece, but just enough to provide coverage 'around' her body.
Rachel--Oh, yes!! :)