Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011: New Decorations!


In this photo, it looks like it's just the 'usual suspects'...


...until, inexplicably, a wizard and a mermaid show up with the angel of the Lord!!


Wise men (with bejeweled gifts)...


...and the Holy family with a sheep.

(What other animal would a felter's daughter choose to make?) :)


Plus a wizard, a mermaid and an angel (all singing otherworldly lullabies, I presume!)


Our new tabletop Christmas tree with garlands of felt balls, raw cranberries and popcorn...


...and a pre-felt angel (back side)...


...and bejeweled, smiling front!


As soon as my 20-year old twins arrived home from their respective colleges...

...it was "game on" with the Christmas crafting!

H-1 built a creche and a manger out of popsicle sticks...

...then added painted details and glue-on gems.

She also made a whole cast of characters from wooden doll blanks...

...with hair and beards of wool roving, and remnants of finished felt for the clothing.

I'm not 100% sure why the 'extra' individuals are there, exactly...

...but I say "the more, the merrier" at such a thrilling event!!

H-2 chimed in by bringing home a table-top tree from a craft store...

...and customizing it with silver rick-rack and 'old-timey' decorations.

I especially love the 'blinged-up' pre-felt angel...

...with the happy smile on her face!!

Do you know what thrills me the most about these new decorations?

It's that my nearly grown daughters can still imagine and create...

...like...well...like children! :)

*********************************************************************

I wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas today...

...and a peace- and blessings-filled 2012!!

Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

vilterietje said...

i wanna wish you a merry christmas from the bottom of my heart:)

Heather Woollove said...

Riet--Thank-you and Merry Christmas
to you, too!!! XXO-

WonderWhyGal said...

Merry Christmas! I love the decorations your daughters made. Enjoy your day with them. Now...back to my little bears.

Terriea Kwong said...

They're sweet and creative as mum. They've your genes! Enjoy the festive season and family reunion.

Barbara Marr said...

Your daughters creativeness is a wonderful tribute to your teachings/examples. I love the whole scene.

Heather Woollove said...

Andrea--Thanks! It was a lovely day. Hope yours was, too!
Terrie--Thank you!!!
Barbara--I'm glad you stopped by. Thanks!

Heather Woollove said...

Grazyna--Thank you!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you - to you and yours as well1

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--<3

Anonymous said...

The tree, the nativity scene, all the various characters, adorable! Your girls did very well indeed. :)

Heather Woollove said...

Sandie--I love them, too!!

Little Miss Adventure said...

They look great, and I'm pleased to see that it isn't just my sister and I who have been competitively crafting over Christmas!

Heather Woollove said...

Rebecca--I love your gingerbread house! It's lovely to hear from you...hope all is well!!
Happy New Year!

Melissa Plank said...

Oh my gosh, how adorable! I love the little angel and all the figures, they are very cute and whimsical! (My favorite quality!)

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Melissa!! I'll let my daughter know that they were a hit! :)

Tracy Markey said...

wonderful decorations, you've obviously been a good creative influence for your daughters :)x

Heather Woollove said...

Tracey--I don't know about that. :) I have lots of supplies and project ideas available, but it seems to be only rarely, when the idea sprouts completely from them, that they will devote themselves like this to a project. I love it when they do, though!!