Monday, October 11, 2010

'Wool Ribbon' Pillow Cover - Part Deux

 

After trimming the pillow cover square with my rotary cutter.

 

Sewing the inner line of stitching to make a flange.

 

Check out the amazing Heather Ross riding accoutrements fabric!

 

Looks a lot better, doesn't it? :)

*********************************************

I know that some of you had your doubts...

...after seeing the felted pillow cover from my last post!

My bf, J, wasn't so sure how well this one would come out, either...

...but look what a difference a little judicious trimming makes!!

I really love the fabric that I used for the back of the pillow...

...like Barbie clothing for a tiny horse enthusiast!

I hope you're not getting too tired of pillow covers, though...

...since they are my 'Christmas gifts de l'annee'...

...and you'll be seeing a few more of these as time goes on! :)



Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Kelly said...

This turned out really nice! I like the flange too. It has a southwestern look to it. :)

vilterietje said...

Heather thanks for your comment.
It was great to meet Kim. In real life she is even better than in virtual space (HAHA) It was a lovely afternoon and I'm planning to do the Christmas tree workshop at her place.
I love your blog and put ad it to my favourites.
Lover, Riet

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Kelly--You know, now that you mention it, I see what you mean about a Southwestern look!
XXO--

Riet--I'm so glad you stopped by!
I've seen Kim's Christmas trees (adorable!)and I know you'll have a great workshop!! Hugs--

Vicki W said...

I think it's beautiful!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Vicki!

Ruth said...

Your pillow turned out great. Love the colors.

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Ruth! I love these colors, too.

Cameron said...

Heather, Love the pillow covers-all very different. I am having another drawing.Hope that you join in. Had a great time at the fair rain and all. Hugs

FeltersJourney said...

Its really lovely Heather! & very cool fabric too :D
x

KerryFelter said...

Gorgeous! How did you do the closure? Is there a zip or velcro?