Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Images of Rhinebeck S&W 2010

My beautiful Black Romney fleece.
 


One of the kilt clad men at the festival. (There was even a man in a Utilikilt!)
 


A lovely IBM retiree who has taken up woodcarving.
 


Saturated color everywhere you looked!
 


Our Rhinebeck weekend was just marvelous, weather-wise...

...and except for some high winds (especially on Saturday), we had perfect Fall days.

The trees were turning colors...

...and there were stands with local produce (esp. pumpkins!) all along our route...

...plus Macoun apples--my absolute favorite!!

After reading about everyone's 'fleece in the grease' projects all Summer...

...I took the plunge and bought not one, but three fleeces!!

I bought a multi-colored Jacob Hoggett fleece, a luscious black Romney fleece...

...and an Icelandic fleece raised on the Holy Myrrhbearers Monastery farm!

For a suburban girl like me, it's fun to think about the people who raised them...

...and the farms where the animals live.

(How romantic, I think, to own a Monastery fleece!!)

I did a smallish project with the Jacobs yesterday...

...but I'm going to make you wait a bit to see it. Giggle.

On Friday, I'll have the last of the atmospheric photos from the festival...

...then back to my felted projects next week!



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

vilterietje said...

I just love kilted men, so thanks for the photograph!
Must have been a glorious weekend, so enjoy the aftertaste of it.
Love, Riet

FeltersJourney said...

Ooo Heather, how exciting! Cant wait to see your raw fleece projects :) The fleeces sound lovely!
x

Kelly said...

I think going to that festival would be soooo much fun! You are so LUCKY! I love your romney fleece, and that man in the kilt...well isn't that kind of dangerous to spin in a kilt? ;) I guess as long as he keeps his knees together.....sorry, I just had to go there! Cannot wait to see what fun projects you are working on...yes, I'll be patient...not like I have a choice or anything! :)

Heather Woollove said...

Yes, Riet...I'm with you about men in kilts!!

Deborah...I went much smaller than you did, but I still feel brave working 'in the grease'!! :)

Kelly...Hahaha! I hadn't even thought about that!! Yes...I, too was concerned about whether he would manage to keep his legs together during the demonstration, or whether we'd get a 'demonstration' of a different sort altogether!!

Kim van Waardenburg said...

WOw wonderfull festival that must ahve been!! I never saw such a beautyfull romney fleece!! waiting for your pics now:)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the rest of your photos. The black Romney fleece looks amazing. Have lots of fun with it. :)