Monday, September 10, 2012

'Peace Felt' Project 2012- Part 2 of 2

Drying the cover over a hardback book lined with plastic bags.

 
The finished journal cover (closed)...



...and open...
 
...and with a glimpse of matching bookmark.



A close-up of the journal interior.


The Peace Felt journal with its 'sister' for comparison. 


Journal interiors with leather bookmarks and wooden 'made by' tags.
 
The back side of the journals.

 
Since my Peace Felt gift is already safely en route to its recipient...

...I can finally share these finished photos with you.

A couple of months ago and continuing my rather 'journal-centric' summer...

...I hit upon the idea of making a 'peace journal' as my gift this year.

Whether its new owner uses it to compose poetry or jot down grocery lists...

...I hope that it will bring to mind thoughts of peace, love and gratitude...

...each and every time that she uses it. XO-

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rachel said...

It's wonderful to see what very different effects the differing materials achieve.

Little Miss Adventure said...

I love the idea of a journal cover bringing peace, as that is exactly what writing lists does for me!

Terriea Kwong said...

Perfect! You're except in doing the inside-out, upside-down. Match theme design. Surely the recepient loves it.

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--Pencil roving is especially fun to play with!
Rebecca--Yes...list writing is a favorite of mine, as well!!
Terriea--I do hope so! :)

Kelly said...

I am also trying a journal for my partner, thanks to you!

Heather Woollove said...

Kelly--Ooooh...fun! I can't wait to see it!! XO-