Saturday, September 29, 2012

Embellished 'Silk Scraps' Journal Cover- Part 3 of 3

Adding more beads to the journal cover.

 
Additional iridescent beads and new clear ones in close-up.

 
A line of gold glass beads marches along the silk edge.

 
The finished cover with a standard 'Composition Book' inside.



 Now, a line of small metal rings 'joins the fray'! :)
 
The fully embellished cover.

 
To complete the project, I stitched on a braided yarn bookmark...

 
...with a pink leather tab.

 
Those of you who know me well...

...are probably out there scratching your heads...

...over the abundance of embellishment on this journal.

No...it's not my favorite thing...

...but somehow, this time, I got carried away! :)

I took three doubled strands of festive yarn...

...and braided them into a soft bookmark.

A small rectangle of dyed pink leather finishes it off.

Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Het Wolbeest said...

Nice and very neat, Heather! Love, Alexandra.

Heather Woollove said...

Alexandra--Thanks so much! XO-

Unknown said...

Beautiful Heather! And such a perfect fit for the book! It's like an ocean treasure! xoFiona

Becky Utecht said...

I love it!

WonderWhyGal said...

I love those embellishments. It almost looks like a map to some magical place. Beautiful work.

Rachel said...

It seems to me that you were simply responding to the piece you were working on. Some pieces demand embellishment, others don't...

Voie de Vie said...

Even if one isn't into fussiness and embellishment, every now and then one needs to break out and try it. :)

Love how this turned out!

Heather Woollove said...

Fiona--I love that image..thanks!:)
Becky--I think I used some of that blue roving for your bag, too! XO-
Andrea--Hmmm...I've been thinking about doing a 'map project'...maybe
that notion is starting to come through my other work?!?
Rachel--You sound like my architect boyfriend! "What does this piece WANT to be?!?" Giggle.
Denise--It was actually meditative for me!I just kept picking out beads and sewing them on.:)

Unknown said...

Well i love it Heather, the beads are gorgeous and finishes the cover off beautifully :)

Heather Woollove said...

Karen--Thanks! It was a birthday gift for a journal-loving friend, so I think it went over well with her, too! :)

FeltersJourney said...

Its beautiful Heather! It has a very watery character I think - love it!
x

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah--It's funny, since I didn't see the 'water' or 'ocean' theme at all while I was making it! (Maybe my 'Pisces nature' has more influence than I think!!) Giggle.

Terriea Kwong said...

Beads and stitches do add charming. The braided bookmark with leather is icing on the cake. Your works ever inspiring!

Heather Woollove said...

Terriea--It was certainly a departure for me! :)