Friday, May 28, 2010

Slow and Steady Progress

 

 

 

 


So, my felting studio renovation is progressing...

...though not as quickly as I would like.

I had a lot of heavy furniture to move...

...and I owe several people "big", already, for their help with this!

My daughter, L, and I spent nearly an entire day...

...ripping up carpeting and padding and removing tack strips and staples.

She was her usual overzealous self and had to ice her wrist for two days, afterward!

We cleaned the room from top to bottom...

...and took the doors off in preparation for painting.

I painted both doors, some dinged up molding and walls...

...and the top of my felting table.

Of course, everything that came out of this room...

...had to find a place to vacation in another room.

My living room is an absolute disaster!!!

I found wonderful vinyl flooring...

...which will be installed after the holiday weekend.

We'll be celebrating Memorial Day here in the US on Monday...

...and I'm going to take a little time to remember the many service men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rosalia said...

Hi, thank you, the link to Chandra Stubbs was really interested! She use the same contrast! Now I will take a look to your blog!!!
Have a nice weekend!
Klaudia Rosalia

Joei Rhode Island said...

Pretty exciting stuff, Heather. I will watch your progress with great interest. I, too, am starting up a studio.

Unknown said...

OOOOO Heather This is Fantastic . I cant wait till its all finished for you, you'll be in heaven :))