Wednesday, May 26, 2010

J's Table Runner

 

 

 

 


I wanted to make a table runner for my BF's dining table...

...a Mid-Century teak beauty that is routinely covered by the detritus of his life.

I thought, perhaps, that it would encourage him to keep it neater...

...as 'hope springs eternal'. Har.

I took a long piece of hand-dyed silk...

...and placed it atop thin cranberry batts.

I added a light, uneven layer of tan wool, some tussah silk locks...

...bits of pre-felt, and pencil roving in a random pattern.

I covered the entire surface with netting, which I don't usually bother with...

...and it helped to corral the tiny, loose bits and pieces.

I wrapped the underneath batt up and around all four sides...

...to provide a distinct border.

Since the tan wool is so finely distributed...

...the dyed pattern is quite obvious in places and looks interesting.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hi Heather,
Thank you for your lovely comment.
I have constant chaos in my work room!
Lovely felting.