Monday, May 31, 2010

Drum Carder Tutorial-Equipment

 

 

 

My friend, Mariana (florcita) has been doing some wonderful tutorials, lately...

...and since she doesn't (yet!) own a drum carder, she asked me if I would like to show you how I use mine.

Since this is my first tutorial...

...be gentle with me! Grin.

This is the equipment that I use for carding wool and other fibers...

...a Pat Green drum carder, cleaning brush, doffer stick and burnishing tool, plus a sushi mat for easy batt removal.

The carder clamps to the table...

...so it 'holds tight' when you turn the handle.

The carder can be used to make single-color batts or to blend wool with other kinds of fibers, like Angelina...

...but today, I'm going to show you how I blend yellow and blue roving to make green.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: