Monday, March 29, 2010

'Mod' Easter Egg Table Topper

 

 

 

 


I usually use an extra placemat in the center of my table...

...for bowls of food, teapots and salt and pepper shakers.

I decided to make a smallish table topper for this purpose only...

...not another decorative table runner...

...which I never seem to get the table cleared off enough to use! :(

I made some brown batts of wool...

...and added pre-felt circles in different sizes.

Of course, I had to add some fun things, too...

...like bamboo noils, sari silk fibers and dyed flax.

I felted it as usual...

...and squared it up as much as possible during the finishing.

It's more functional than art, I think...

...but, as you can see, it's pretty darned useful!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kim van Waardenburg said...

lovely purpose !!!

Ali said...

Functional AND pretty - it's a winning combination!

Jackie said...

Its lovely to see the progression of the felt as the prefelts sink in and become part of the whole.

Dag said...

i love this one, too!! cool!!