Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Zipper Travel Purse- Part 1 of 2

For this recent sewing project...

...I used a length of fabric that I've had in my stash for many years...


                                                ...and another bright piece...

                    ...purchased on a mid-week shopping spree while at Felters' Fling.



             Following one of the many online tutorials on zipper pouch construction...



                           ...I stitched one side of the zipper to two pieces of fabric...



                                  ...and repeated the process on the second side...



                           ...then top-stitched the fabric close to the zipper insertion.



             With both lining and exterior fabrics placed with their right sides together...

                                           ...I stitched around the entire project...

                                                  ...(leaving the zipper open...

                     ...and leaving a small opening in the lining fabric, for turning).



                                               Next time: the finished purse!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It will be a very cheering sight1

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--It's a funny size...a bit too 'tall'...but I used it on a recent trip and it worked fine for my hairbrush and dental floss, etc. :)