Saturday, July 5, 2014

"Deborah-Style" Wet-Felted Slippers- Part 2 of 2

Trying out different buttons for the closure.


                                                 Fashioning leather soles...


                                       ...and punching holes in them (for stitching).



                               Here, Deborah shows me her own brilliant 'notion' (har)...

                            ...twist pins for holding the leather in place while stitching!



                                                  Within days of my arrival home...

                                  ...I received a packet of these special pins in the mail.

                                                 (Thanks, again, Deborah!)



                            The soles are sewn into place using strong beading thread.



                                   Next, I sorted out the placement of my closure...



                                  ...and sewed the felt cords and buttons into place.


                                 

                                  The red lining provides a 'pop' of intense color...
                                          
                                    

                                ...and overall, my finished slippers are a real 'kick'! (groan)
                        
                                 
                                       
                                      Now, I'm looking forward to cooler weather...



                                             ...so I can really test them out! :)

                                  

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

Those slippers are fabulous!! Love the closures. When we made such slippers at JCC Folkschool, we glued the leather bottoms on - these soles are much more eleganty attached. Kathy

Rachel said...

I can imagine gazing down at them with delight on a grey and overcast winter day!

Terriea Kwong said...

Absolutely love Deborah's style booties. You made the beautiful pair. It looks so comfortable, colorful and stylish. The twist pins help fixing that I just know. Sounds good.

Heather Woollove said...

Kathy and Terriea- Buy yourselves some of those magic pins!! :)
Rachel-Yes...they will help to brighten a Winter day.

FeltersJourney said...

:) Told you you would LOVE those pins!
Your boots tuned out great, I can just imagine you padding around in them :)
xoxo

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah-Yes...those pins are a wonderful innovation...thanks! (Did you catch my pun in the blog?) ;)

Unknown said...

THey look so comfortable and soft and they are so colorful. I'm sure they would brighten even the darkest winter day!! The finished product looks stunning! Well done!

Heather Woollove said...

Simona-I'm happy to finally have completed them!