Friday, December 13, 2013

Ideas for Gift Tags or Christmas Note Cards...and a Cranberry Pie!

Somehow, every year at about this time...

...I end up rooting around in my bag of felt scraps!

 
Using finished felt from other holiday projects...

...I used sharp scissors to cut out shapes...

 
...then glued them onto heavy card stock to make gift tags...

...or to an additional piece of heavy folded paper for Christmas note cards!

 
********************************************************************
I couldn't resist showing you this pie...

...that I made from Thanksgiving leftovers last week!

 
I used two sad-looking tart apples, 3 pears, half a bag of raw cranberries...

...unsweetened cranberry juice, and cornstarch to thicken it a little bit...

 
...and this very tart pie was born!

(Judging from my family's reaction, I probably should have added just a little sugar!) Giggle.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

That pie looks delicious!

Love the gift tag idea too.

Rachel said...

A positive feast of leftovers!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Andrea!
Rachel--Hahaha...'creative' use, that's for sure!

geeky Heather said...

Great idea on the gift tags!!

Vivian said...

Great ideas! I really need to get in gear for my holiday stuff.

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Heather and Vivian!

Unknown said...

Using left-over felt pieces for gift tags and decorations is a great idea, and they look great.

So does the pie, from the lady that proclaimed to me, she wasn't one for fixing "pretty food." LOL I guess you must be learning. Ha ha

Heather Woollove said...

Sandie--Hahaha...'rustic pretty', not 'magazine pretty'! :)