Friday, May 3, 2013

Green 'Wrap Tie' Bag- Part 1 of 3

Merino roving...

 
...pulled into short, thin sections...

 
...and laid out on the surface of the resist...

 
...for embellishment.

 
Covering the colored tufts of wool with a layer of white...

 
...and filling in, all around, with aqua and green roving.

 
Sectioning roving into long narrow strips...

 
...and braiding them together to form a long cord.

 
Working inside-out (again)...

...I laid short, narrow tufts of merino roving...

...onto the surface of my resist.

Covering the design with white roving...

...(to form a background)...

...I continued to lay out the rest of the bag in various shades of green.

Instead of a rolled cord for a tie, like in my previous project...

...I made this one from carefully braided sections of roving.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I find it great that you share the whole process with us. Grt.Mattie

Rachel said...

It looks lovely - gorgeous colours!

WonderWhyGal said...

oooh, I like the green and turquoise.

FeltFinland said...

Very interested to see how the braided cord turns out - one to try I think!
Amanda

Kelly said...

I am interested to see how the braided cord will turn out. Nice colors!

Heather Woollove said...

Mattie--I enjoy doing tutorials (of a sort)! :)
Rachel-I love the bright grass green and aqua together!
Andrea--Me, too! :)
Amanda--I hope you will have a go! I tucked the ends under my water container to hold them and then just carefully braided them, since the roving is pretty fragile.
Kelly--It worked out very well...I was surprised! :)

Vivian said...

The fiber arrangement is truly an art form.

Heather Woollove said...

Vivian--Hahaha...you are adorable! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

From what I can see of it this far, this is going to be spectacular! :) All that lovely green, but I really like the way you laid out the short strips of wool. Can't wait to see it finished.

Heather Woollove said...

Sandie--Thanks! Yes...the little bits of roving were fun to lay out.