Sunday, December 23, 2012

Wet-Felted Flower Clutch

Laying out feathery slices of yarn-studded pre-felt...

 
...and covering them with pink wool roving.



Several layers of white wool roving are added to make the lining. 


After partially felting the piece...

...I remove the foam resist, turn the project right-side out...

...and finish the felting.


The completed project...

...showing lengths of wool yarn within the pre-felt bits. 


The opening of the bag. 
 
A green leather strip and leaf button provide the closure.

 
The 'design side' of the finished bag.

 
Using some of the same feathery, leftover bits of pre-felt...

...that I used on my last project...

...I made a small gift clutch.

The lighter bits in the flower center...

...are pieces of pale green yarn that were felted into my pre-felt.

A sewn on strip of green leather and re-purposed button form the closure...

...and another Christmas gift is done! :)

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Terriea Kwong said...

Pretty clutch with sweet leaf button. Heather, what sort of wool you're using for purse ? Looks easy and felt well.

Rachel said...

Amazing - full of interesting textures!

Heather Woollove said...

Terriea--Thanks! I actually used some quite old, batt-like roving from my stash that I got inexpensively here:http://www.bartlettyarns.com/
Rachel--Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Totally cute, and I love, love, love the button. :)

Heather Woollove said...

Sandie--The button is cute, isn't it??!? :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Christmas Gift Heather and i love that button to :)

Heather Woollove said...

Karen-I'm happy to report that the recipient really liked it, too! :)