Saturday, September 3, 2011

Studio Impressions-Couture Garments

Our lovely studio...bathed in soft light.

 


My work station, and my bench-mate's custom-made 'dummy'
(Liz Clay's word for a dress form).

 


Cathy's fabulous stash of fabrics.

 


Val laying out fiber for her felt jacket.

 


Marsha working hard on her project.

 


Cathy laughing as we sang the praises of her new 'spiral scarf'.

 


Sharon's incredible fitted pattern...can you tell she's a costume designer in 'real life'?!?

 


I took a week-long couture garment felting class this year at Felter's Fling...

...taught by the inimitable Liz Clay.

We had a lovely, large studio...

...with room for both felting and sewing!

It was an intense week of creativity...

...and it really pushed the outer limits of my sewing ability.

I also learned the basics of pattern alteration...

...and hope to put these to good use when I attempt to make a second garment...

...or maybe even a third!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Kelly said...

love the awesome smiles! Looks like it was a very inspiring place to be!!

vilterietje said...

or, with your amount of the sweetest friends: the 58th?????:)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful week!

Voie de Vie said...

Great studio space! I'm starting to long for some of my own ... :)

Heather Woollove said...

Kelly--Yes...inspiring is the word! The women in my class were all wonderful 'sewists' and felters. It was definitely 'hangin' with the big dogs'!! :)
Riet--Hahaha...you never know!
Rachel--SO wonderful! My head is just crammed with ideas!
Rachel--It's a really nice facility. Each studio was in a different kind of barn or building.

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Good morning,

So great to see all of your classmates...wonderful pictures of all of them. What a fantastic week...Still missing my roommate;-)

Can't wait to see what you create next my creative friend and hat winner extraordinaire!

Jeanette Nord said...

Oh it all sounds SO wonderful! I would like to take a class like this one. Is it an annual event?

Heather Woollove said...

Dawn--I miss you so much, too!!
Jeanette--You should plan to attend the next one! They are held every two years.

Lindy and Paul said...

This class looked like SO much fun!!! But then again, ALL of them did. I wish we were already there again :(

Heather Woollove said...

Lindy--I know...it went SO fast!!