Saturday, March 5, 2011

Poppy Flower/Raw Fleece Purse- Part 2

This photo looks a bit like an alien life form to me! Grin.

 


The purse back with its Icelandic fleece tail.

 


The finished purse in all of its wildness!

 


Notice how I stretched the purse strap out while felting it to make it longer?

 


I had a lot of fun making this outrageous purse...

...feeling like I could 'take more liberties', since I was felting for another felter!

A beard of Icelandic fleece surrounds what became the bag closure flap...

...and the other flap was turned into an inside pocket with a sewn-in fabric lining.

I found a veined black/grey button for the closure...

...and a terrific 'just the right shade of green' snakeskin print fabric for the pocket (sorry-not shown).

The best part is that Nicola was really happy to receive it...

...and I could breathe a sigh of relief!! Giggle.



Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Cash en Els said...

Whoww, he is very exciting!! Love the colors and texture of the wild beard ;-))
Lucky Clasheen!!

Faith (the Vampire Slayer) said...

That has to be one of the most amazing and outrageous bags I've ever seen. Nice job!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Els and Faith!!

vilterietje said...

heather it's great! i love the purse, the beard, the poppies and the strapp:)

FeltersJourney said...

Wild & wooly - LOVE it!!
x

Ginny Huber said...

It is indeed outrageous and inspirational; sometimes I don't take the risks I want to take and seeing this gives more permission! How could Nicola not love this! A wonderful piece of work; And it reminds me of the Iceland itself, where I visited my cousins one dark winter for a wonderful week!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Riet and Deborah!!
Ginny--Yes...I say, just try it! It can be very liberating to make something new, and honestly, what's the worst thing that could happen? It can always be made into a cat bed, after all! Har.

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Good morning,

Catching up with my blog reading...It's always so much fun to read yours. And, of course Nicola loved this bag...It is so cool! You've outdone yourself once again! I love it!!!!

What are you making today?

Hugs,
Dawn

Terriea Kwong said...

Unique piece. Love the Icelandic wool and the color combination.

Heather Woollove said...

Dawn--No felting today, I'm working :(
Terrie-Thanks! I have another Icelandic fleece coming my way after the March shearing and I can't wait...I love that wiggly stuff!!

Dawn_Homemade said...

You have some neat projects. When I think of felting, that is totally not what originally came to my mind. It's neat to see a different take on it.

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Dawn! I'm so glad that you stopped by.