Friday, September 10, 2010

Chad Alice's 'Airy Fairy' Scarf

 

The initial layout. This scarf can be made with 2 or 2.5 ounces of roving!

 

Apres la deluge!! :)

 

My very blog-shy and very beloved friend, Dorothy.

 

The finished scarf with hydrangea.

***********************************
At my felting workshop a few weeks ago...

...I had the pleasure of having Chad Alice Hagen for a teacher.

She is an amazingly talented felter and dyer...

...and one of the most engaging, capable and funny instructors ever!!

(Where, oh where was she when I was taking Organic Chemistry???)

We made a scarf she calls the 'Airy Fairy'...

...and boy, is it fun to make!!

The basics are as follows...

...very little wool and tons of water!!

If you have the book "Fabulous Felted Scarves"...

...she makes a version of it there with full instructions.

Just remember to wear an apron...

...and get out your bucket and mop!!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jagusia said...

Super scarf :)
Great work!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks! It's REALLY fun and messy to make.

FeltersJourney said...

What a lovely & fun looking scarf! Pretty colours
x

Mariana said...

Beautiful scarf! lucky friend... did she leave with it?
I've never heard of that book... is it worth getting? aCtually never seen it around... do you have more info on it?

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Deborah!

Mariana-Yes...the scarf was a hostess gift for my girlfriend, who put us up (put up with us, too!) on the way home from Michigan!
The book is a nice one...yes, I'd recommend it! They have used ones on Amazon pretty cheaply...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1600590020/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Suzanne said...

I LOVE that scarf Heather! Super job. I'm really sorry I didn't know about that camp earlier. Maybe next year.....

Heather Woollove said...

Suzanne--That would be wonderful if you could join us next year!!

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Good morning buddy,

You made a lovely hostess gift... I'm sure your friend was overjoyed.

I'll bet you made your own fun in Organic Chemistry...Can't imagine that you ever have a day that doesn't include time for laughter.

Hugs,
Dawn