Friday, August 20, 2010

Missing Mojo?!?!

 

 

 

 


As some of you may know...

...this summer has been quite a difficult one for our family.

My partner spent a month in Germany...

...making hard decisions concerning how best to care for his elderly, ailing mother.

My firstborn daughter (the puppy's Mama)...

...was just diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.

Her endocrinologist thinks that it may have been coming on for 2 or 3 years already(!)...

...following some kind of infection which slowly wiped out the insulin-producing cells in her pancreas.

And if these things didn't make me quite sad enough...

...it's now the week that my youngest daughters (twins) head off to their respective colleges for their Freshman year...

...cementing my 'empty nest syndrome'.

So...you'll understand why my mind hasn't really been on my felting of late...

...and you won't be too hard on me (please?!) about these latest egg cozies.

Believe it or not...

...the pointy one was supposed to be a spaceship!

The round one might have been ok...

...except that I used variegated grey and white roving for the background...

...and it just came out looking dirty.

The only nice photo I have for you today...

...is the bit of embroidery (on twill tape) that I did inside a book cover I made
a few weeks ago.

I like the way the white shows off my friend's name...

...and I think I'll use this technique again.

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Gina said...

Sending hugs. My youngest son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes two years ago. It is so hard at first and it still upsets me but life does settle into some sort of normality again.

Jasmine said...

You have achieved a lot more felting than I have been able to this summer. Don't be hard on yourself, family health problems affect us the most. Your daughter will get treatment now and feel much better for it once her diabetes is managed, your twins will be so full of excitement and new experiences that their phone calls will energise you, and well, your husband will be back soon. Sending hugs xJ

PS - I like the circles, I don't think it looks dirty at all, but I do love the natural colours :)

Heather Woollove said...

Gina and Jasmine--Thanks for the loving thoughts and hugs!!! XXO-

Unknown said...

You've been through a lot, so it's good that you can still manage to do some making even if you aren't very happy with it! I love the orangey woven felt you blogged about a while back.
I want to thank you for your generous comment about my polymer clay work, it's very encouraging
pam :)

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks for your kind words, Pam. You are very talented, and I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Cameron said...

I think that you are being way too hard on yourself. I haven't seen anything that you have done that you have to hang your head about. I am sad to hear about the illness, and kids leaving the nest is always a hard one, you have my sympathies. I am amazed at how fast the lace got there and yes let me see what you do.
Many hugs, Cameron

Valerie said...

Oh, Heather, I'm sorry to hear about all your sadness of late :o( I know it will take some time for a sense of normalcy to return, but it will. I know it will.
Well, at least you won Dana's give away, you lucky girl! Wear your beautiful new necklace, and let it bring you a message everyday to choose to "Live Happy".
Big hugs,
Val

Little Miss Adventure said...

I think the circles effect is very striking, but see what you mean about it looking a bit dirty. You could market it as 'distressed'!

Sounds like it has been a hard month, but hopefully things will get easier.
*hugs*

Heather Woollove said...

Thank you for the OUTPOURING of love and support on my blog today.
You can't imagine how much it means to me to have so many far-flung friends sending hugs and love and kind words!!!

Kathleen said...

You mean those aren't hats????

Heather Woollove said...

Hahaha, Kathy! "Sometimes an EGG COZY is just an EGG COZY"!!!

Suzanne said...

Heather -- those are wonderful pieces and you should be very pleased with them. Many times it's the creative endeavors that carry us through the tough spells. Keep up the great work!

Jackie said...

So sorry to hear how difficult things have been for you.I think it takes time to adjust to the empty nest and it can be quite hard. I had just managed when my son moved back home for a while so I am going to have to get used to it all over again.