Friday, June 18, 2010

Banana Snack Bars

 

 

 

 


If you're like me, you sometimes get a little overenthusiastic at the grocery store...

...and wind up with several bananas that are too far gone to eat 'out of hand' by the end of the week.

This recipe uses three whole ripe bananas...

...and makes a large jellyroll pan full of treats!

You may wonder why I have no photograph of said treats...

...but I only just realized, as my college daughter headed back to school with the remaining few, that I never remembered to take any! (Sorry)

Instead, I'm showing you some photographs from a few weeks back...

...of my Spring garden.

Banana Snack Bars

1/2 c butter
2 1/4 c flour
1 c sugar
2 eggs
3 mashed bananas
1/2 c chopped nuts (any kind you like)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Mix sugar and butter, then add everything else and mix until well blended.

Spread in a greased jelly-roll pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes, until golden brown (you may want to check them at 20 minutes...ovens vary).

Enjoy!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

FeltersJourney said...

mmm sounds yummy... Im pretty sure I`ll be trying this recipe out :o)

Kim van Waardenburg said...

I agree with felters journey!! jummy...