Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Long Skinny Scarf

 

 

 

 


I'd been wanting to make a long, skinny scarf...

...that could be wrapped several times around my neck...

...so that it would stay on more easily.

I liked the wool/yarn/fabric combination that I used in my last scarf...

...so I decided to do another 'riff' on it.

I laid out a grid of wool batt pieces...

...then yarn...

...then the long fabric strip (which I pieced in the center to get my desired length).

I wrapped the wool around the edges of the fabric, all around...

...then felted it in the usual manner.

I am happy with the way the yarn 'boings' out here and there...

...and how the synthetic gauzy fabric ruched up lengthwise.

Note: the burgundy wool is not as pink as it looks in the finished photo.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!! I love the blend o colors you've chosen too. It looks wonderful! :)

Kim van Waardenburg said...

I think this is a scarf which will be used a lot!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, girls!

Kim-I love it that when people admire the wonderful yarn in it, I get to tell them about my special
Dutch friend!

Kim van Waardenburg said...

too bad I need to confess I didn't spun it myself......