Monday, October 26, 2009

Field Trip (Part 2 of 2)






I don't want to neglect the animals who make all of this fun crafting possible.

There were loads of bunnies at this festival, and I have never in my life seen such mellow rabbits!

These are clearly bunnies who are loved and handled a lot from birth, because some of them were just chillin' in baskets or on little carts, completely unfettered... enjoying being petted by strangers.

One of the most charming and unusual sights of the festival was a woman spinner who held her rabbit on her lap as she pulled off its angora wool for spinning.

I also really love the angora goats with the long locks of mohair! My girls said that their expressions were so 'chill', like, "Yeah? So what?"

I did buy some wonderful acid green mohair, and I'm hoping to channel some of that 'cool' attitude into my finished felt piece!! :)

...

1 comment:

jude said...

love the woman with the rabbit! and seeing all that fleece....