Friday, February 27, 2015

A Brief Foray Into Bookmaking- Part 2 of ?

Choosing the perfect buckle is difficult, with all of these to choose from!

(Thanks, again, Elis for the 'stash'!!)


                                          Instead of a leather thong and a button...



                                             ...to hold the book closed this time...


                                                 ...I used a wider strip of leather...



                                                           ...and a buckle!



                           I also did my own thing while stitching in the signatures. :)



                                                     Here they are in place.



                                                         The finished journal.



                      Next time: I make an ominously monikered 'stab binding' book...

                                                         ...with felt accents.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Bookmaking seems to be endlessly fascinating, doesn't it!

Kathleen said...

I love the kitty in the book punching cradle!! I did notice two hands on the kitty who may be posing reluctantly. Love the buckle closures.

Unknown said...

Very nice. I like the buckle. :)

FeltersJourney said...

It's lovely Heather.. the fancy stitching looks great :)

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel- It appeals to the precise part of my brain. ;)
Kathy- Yes...'posing uncomfortably', I would say!! :)
Sandie and Deborah-- Thanks!!