Friday, July 5, 2013

The Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen, Friends, Felt and "The Future" in The Netherlands

My friend Nienke and I become part of an exhibition here...



...where even coats worn by visitors become an art installation!

Claes Oldenburg's giant screw sculpture graces the lawn of this museum.

Learn more about his original concept here.

 
 I spent a wonderful day with a dear friend...

...the exquisite and spectacularly talented feltmaker, Elis Vermeulen...

...and several of her equally genetically blessed family members! 


I made friends with one kind of 'baby' while I was there...


...and ate muisjes to help celebrate the birth of my host's new 'human' granddaughter, too! :)

Here's a photograph of the darling wee one (only one day old!) in the felted baby 'cocoon' that we made for her.
 
We stopped for a Belgian Tripel in this cheerful Rotterdam bar...

...and discovered that it doesn't take too many of those to feel rather...erm...cheerful, yourself!



A view of the future(?)...

...my "Beam me up, Scotty" shower at the Citizen M airport hotel in Schiphol.

 
Next time: lots of photographs from another Dutch museum...

...including a number of masterpieces by Van Gogh.
 Posted by Picasa