Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Negative/Positive Bags- Part 3 of 5

Laying out synthetic fabric with wisps of white roving around the edges (between the fabric and the resist).

 


Adding green roving to the leaf areas.

 


Encasing the resist in layers of white roving.

 


The resist with all of the fiber layers added...just prior to felting.

 


As you can see...

...this bag is merely a white version of my last bag.

I decided to use only one additional color behind the floral fabric this time...

...choosing green for the leaves, and making sure to use a lot more fiber!

I always add at least three thin layers of roving to each side of these bags...

...flipping and wrapping the wool around the edges of the resist after each layer...

...in order to ensure a smooth surface after felting.

Next time: cutting and stitching the handle...

...and the inner pocket (with cute kitten fabric!).

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

vilterietje said...

it becomes clearer and clearer! i wished my english was better, so i would understand all at once:)
love, riet

Heather Woollove said...

Riet--I'm glad to hear that it's starting to make more sense now!
XXO-

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's beginning to be clearer to me, too. Must find the time to have a go at felting!

Kelly said...

I am just catching up here. I love the idea of the black and white versions! I cannot wait to see them BOTH completed....right now they are both my favorite! This is such a cool idea!

Becky Utecht said...

Heather, thanks for sharing this process with all the great photos. I can't wait to get back to felting and try this! I'm looking forward to seeing how you do the strap.
BTW, Dharma is looking for blogs to feature on their sire and I think yours would be a good candidate.

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--Definitely free up a morning and give it a go!
Kelly--Decisions, decisions...hahaha! I was making a swap gift and made the black one as a 'trial' version first, then did the 'real' one in white.
Becky--thanks for your kind words! I have you and your husband regularly in my thoughts and prayers. XXO-