Tuesday, January 4, 2011

'Under The Sea' Pillow Cover

Laying out wet, soapy sections of wool.

 


The finished top.

 


Peace doves on the pillow back.

 


The finished pillow in all of its glorious wiggliness!

 


I know, I know---you thought that with Christmas over...

...you'd be safe from my interminable pillow covers!

Erm...sorry...nope...

...I'm afraid that I still have several, yet, to show you. Grin.

I wanted this one to be really special...

...since it was a gift for my felt-loving daughter, L.

My BF (a quite talented, but reluctant feltmaker) helped with the 'wigglies' layout...

...and he was the one who thought to add the colored dots to the piece, as well.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I just love the way these wet bits of wool undulate after felting...

...and I think that it worked especially well with this undersea tableau.


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Fi said...

Really love those colours.

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Fiona!

vilterietje said...

it looks like a happy new year firework cushion, SPARKLING!!!!!
love, riet:)

Patty Biermans said...

I love the colors very much! Great. But can you tell me how you made the dots? Hugzz..Peebee

WonderWhyGal said...

It's gorgeous! I love how the dots changed the whole look and the fabric for the backing is adorable.

As usual, I look forward to more of your pillows and other creative inventions.

Kelly said...

I really like this! My daughter was walking by and did a double take..she likes it too. I hope your daughter loves it!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, all!
Peebee--I just made little balls with my fingers and 'soap glued' them onto the piece.
Kelly--Yes...she was really happy with it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, each pillow just gets lovlier and lovlier. This pillow is DYNOMITE!!!! You are amazing! :)

Anonymous said...

I really love this cushion cover. And your hearth looks great - love the angel your friend made for you too.

Thank you for your lovely kind words on my blog :)